The Australian Teacher Education Association (ATEA) is the major professional association for teacher educators in Australia. The mission of the Australian Teacher Education Association is to promote:
- The preservice and continuing education of teachers in all forms and contexts;
- The teacher education as central in the educational enterprise of the nation;
- Research on teacher education as a core endeavour.
The Association enacts this mission through several key strategies, namely:
- to foster improvement in intial teacher education;
- to promote and support the teaching profession;
- to form strong links with the individuals and organisations involved in educational change;
- to improve the nature, quality and availability of professional development for teacher educators and
- to promote and disseminate research, ideas and practices, innovation and evaluation in teacher education.
Please click here to download the ATEA Constitution.